The Manhattan Review publishes only poetry, reviews of poetry books,
and poetry-related essays. The editor reads unsolicited submissions
at all times of the year but requests that you observe the following
- Send 3-5 poems, with SASE and brief bio.
- Query first about ideas for reviews or essays.
- If possible, avoid simultaneous submissions. If you are submitting
work simultaneously, include notification in your cover letter.
- Read the magazine or the online archive before submitting work.
- For submitted work, query by mail rather than by
- Poets submitting from abroad may send their work via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Manhattan Review has first North American serial rights only for the work it publishes.